The Remediation Plus System provides a research based multisensory explicit systematic instruction on phonological awareness, phoneme grapheme, correspondence, phonics, blending and segmenting work and fluency building exercises. These are the characteristics of a program that leads to reading comprehension because students learn HOW to read and spell fluently.
This system includes 85 sequential lesson plans - everything a teacher needs to become a powerful remediator–interventionist and a profoundly knowledgeable reading teacher. At the end of the sequence teachers use the R+ grammar curriculum to learn to:
- teach parts of speech in a sentence
- review all word types, nouns, verbs, adjectives, pronouns etc.
- teach the Main idea and semantic webbing from existing text
- teach retelling the story
- teach students to create their own stories with proper writing instruction